Thursday, February 25, 2010

Grumpy Run

Dunno what that was about. I felt kind of down and crabby for the whole run. Maybe I needed to be out there, burning off whatever negative vibes I was carrying.

There's a lot of dry pavement out there now, also lots of puddles and small ponds here and there. I ran on the street almost all the way to the top of The Path, just to avoid the slush and water. It was still interesting to pick a path across the snow at one point. It was very wet underneath, and soft and easy to sink into.

I felt heavy and slow too, perhaps that was a physical manifestation of the grumpiness. Along Memorial, I found I was running head down, pulling inward. My focus was not at all where it usually is.

I have the Olympic skating going. Edvard Greig, I think. Love that piece.

Anyway, the run passed uneventfully, my head down, focused on the path five feet in front of me, oblivious of the rest of the terrain. I managed to climb The Path, but felt used up almost before I started. It was grumpy crabby shuffle up the hill, and then on the street along the bluff.

The last couple of blocks I started to wake up a little, but was glad to be done.

Tuesday's run:
Distance: 10.16 Time: 59:07
Average speed: 5:49 min/km. (10.31 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).
Today's earworm: Grump, grump, grump.
Weather: Sunny and 7C.

No comments: