Sunday, September 27, 2009

Autumn is Here!

Just a beautiful fall day today. Sunny and crisp this morning, and just cool enough to need a jacket by afternoon.

I did run earlier this week, on Tuesday when the temps soared to 28. It was even hotter the next couple of days, but I didn't get to run again until to day

From Tuesday:
Distance: 6.97 Time: 41:16
Average speed: 5:55 min/km. (10.69 kph)

Today was clear, with a slight breeze. I headed down to Centre Street to cross the river, and then down on the promenade. It must have been the time of day - I was out a little earlier than usual - but there were huge crowds running in groups. I met several all the way to Crowchild.

Several others were out too. And by the look of everyone, I was rather underdressed. I stuck with shorts and tee, while everyone else seemed to be dressed for winter weather, with running tights and jackets. I have to admit, it did take awhile to warm up. It was a good half hour before my hands were fully warmed.

The trail through Lawrey Gardens was gorgeous, all the trees in fall colours, and still mostly having their leaves. Lots of leaves on the ground too. It was really pretty along the bottom of Spruce Cliff.

After crossing at Edworthy and starting back, it was a little busier on the trail. I think a lot of people just stay on the north side of the river when they get west of Crowchild, and I think they're missing a very scenic run.

The crowd seemed to thin the farther east I went, although once near the CBC studios it was busy enough. I was have a pretty consistent day, not like my slow start, fast middle, and achy stiff end that I usually have. Well I still had that achy stiff end. But my pace was pretty consistent throughout the run.

Still chilly at the end, but a great run and I had lots of morning left, too.

Distance: 16.61 Time: 1:34:00
Average speed: 5:39 min/km. (9.9 kph)
Rest distance: 1.01 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.63 km. Total time: 1:44:00.

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: L n K - I think it's permanent.

Weather: Sunny and 4C to start, rising to 8C.

No comments: