Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Late Morning

I was working from home again, and was up for running half way through the morning. I waited a little before changing into my gear and heading out.

It was relatively quiet, so I think I was in a pre-lunch lull. Good running though, even with the temperature climbing. Down The Path and along the river, then over the 14th Street bridge and back along Bow Trail to the promenade downtown.

Oh, man, but I was feeling it. Not hurting, but just not having much in the tank. I had put in a fairly strenuous day Sunday, so the leg muscles still needed some recovery time.

The Path on the return was particularly noticeable. I was reduced to short steps, and breathing hard. Still I managed to do a respectable time, which for me is anything under 6 min/km.

Distance: 7.06 Time: 41:12
Average speed: 5:50 min/km. (10.28 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: L n K.

Weather: Sunny and 23C.

No comments: