Thursday, September 03, 2009

Another Hot Run

Somewhere up near 30C, but it didn't feel all that bad. Probably because of the wind. It's been brisk all day, and in fact just after I finished it came up really strong for a few minutes, and now the back yard is full of apples from the old apple tree. Nothing worth picking up, since they're pretty tiny.

On the walk from downtown tonight, this itty bitty spitty cloud followed me home, and it had turned rather grey, so I was hoping for a shower to cool things down. By the time I had a few moments of L n K time, changed and was back outside, it had slipped by and the sky was mostly clear to the west.

I walked a little to warm up, as usual, waiting for the GPS to find itself, and then was off. Not too long into it, I was pretty sweated up. I checked my pace, my stride was only a little bit off optimum.

The usual run, the usual crowd. It was nice along the promenade, actually. Kind of quiet and feeling like things were moving at a slower pace. Crossing Prince's Island and the bridge wasn't too congested either. The Stairs were another matter, but that's become usual on a warm afternoon.

And trotting along the top of the bluff to the finish, the sky was darkening again. But nary a drop of rain or cool breeze, just hot, hot wind.

Distance: 7.12 Time: 40:16
Average speed: 5:39 min/km. (10.61 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: L n K.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 26C.

No comments: