Friday, June 19, 2009

Still Being a Lazy Writer

OK, so I did run earlier in the week, actually a couple of days ago. I worked from home, so ran at lunch. It was pretty warm that day. In fact that is the most memorable part of the run, feeling the heat from the sun.

Distance: 7.37 Time: 41:19
Average speed: 5:36 min/km (10.70 kph).

Today, was one of those Fridays off, so it was a leisurely day of not quite getting around to all those things I intended to do, apart from grabbing a coffee and a comfy chair at the local Starbucks for some reading.

However, it being quiescent on L n K, I'll finish this writing and the other writing, and then jump into vacuuming, one of those intended tasks.

Anyway, after a hard day of lunching with friends and reading at Starbucks, I managed to find the energy to change into running gear, and head out.

This week, I've been feeling tight everywhere below the waist. Wednesday's run was stiff and it took almost the whole time for me to loosen up. Tonight was much better, but still I felt some stiffness. I did spend more than the usual time in the pre-run stretching, and that helped.

Another warm day, too, but I didn't feel it so much. It was good up to and along the bluff. Going down The Path Under The Stairs, I felt a little bit of the stiffness, but that's how it has been the last year or so.

I crossed to Prince's Island, and then to the promenade. It was late mid-afternoon, and I was in the lull before the downtown crowd started home. The mobile bike shop is back in place near the C-Train bridge, and it looked like he was having a busy day, with several bikes lined up.

Out along Bow Trail, it was a bit quiet, and across the 14th street bridge.

OK, there is an official name for the bridge - the Metawa Bridge. I'll try and remember that from here on.

On the other side, also quiet. I basically plodded along a near deserted trail, except of course, that stretch from 10th Street to the C-Train bridge, where all paths seem to funnel through. And of course, at The Stairs, all the people running up the stairs. I took the first two flights of stairs to The Path and headed up that way.

From there, along the bluff until my turn northward, to my usual end point.

Distance: 7.08 Time: 40:36
Average speed: 5:44 min/km (10.46 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: firmly L n K.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 17C.

No comments: