Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Heavy Traffic

I was working at home today, when the landlord called asking to test the water line to the outside tap. It goes through the ceiling of my bedroom and pops out of the wall just over my bedroom window. He wanted to know if the pipe had burst near the tap, and would I watch for water leakage.

No leakage, just a big gushing flood. The carpet is wet again. I let him pat it dry while I went to find my fan. Once I got the fan going, blowing air over the wet spot, I decided it was time to run.

A beautiful sunny day, but not particularly warm. I got to the bluff and it was already busy there. There were dozens running up and down The Stairs, and it was a little congested at the top. Past that, the path was full of people so I was moving a little slow and weaving a lot.

At the bottom of The Path, several boot camps were going, plus runners, walkers, skaters, cyclers. It was a bit like the Deerfoot at rush hour. I took the lower path along Memorial, since the other was full of people. Even the lower path was busy.

It thinned a little once I passed the Louise Bridge, but still lots out running. Curiously the Metawa Bridge was quiet, but the crowd was on the path on the other side.

It stayed that way all the way back along the promenade and across Prince's Island. At the stairs, I nearly had to stand to wait my turn. By the time I reached the end of The Path, the trail along the bluff was quiet, and that's how it was for the rest of the run.

Distance: 7.10 Time: 40:26
Average speed: 5:42 min/km (10.54 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: The Man in the Moon Is a Newfie, by Stompin' Tom Conners.

Weather: Sunny and 20C.

No comments: