Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Catching up

I've been really bad at keeping up with this the past while. Don't know what's up with that. I get a run in and then I'll write it up later, but the next thing I know it's a week later. I only ran once last week, but still I would like to keep this up.

So for last week's run:
Distance: 8.84 Time: 57:35
Average speed: 6:31 min/km (9.21 kph).

I think that's a bogus speed because the distance is more like 9.5 km minimum. My GPS didn't get a fix until we'd been running for awhile.

Anyway, the same again today. And here it the route: After the overpass we head north on Haddon Road, then west on 94th Avenue. That's a bit of a hill to climb to Elbow Drive, which we cross onto Hanover Road. That curves north again, and there is a short connector street, Hub Avenue, which takes us west over to 12th Street. North on 12th, and then westward on 90th Avenue.

At the sound wall along 14th Street is a break that lets you out of the neighbourhood of Haysboro to cross over and continue west on 90th Avenue, and at Jerusalem Road, we cross 90th northward to the paths that lead to and encircle the Glenmore Reservoir.

From there, we run up to the marina, and then turn around and retrace our steps back to our start point.

Today's run (all estimated):

Distance: 9.21 Time: 53:32
Average speed: 5:48 min/km (10.34kph).

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: None.

Weather: sunny and 20C.

No comments: