Friday, June 26, 2009

The Last Friday of June

Nice sunny warm evening, end of the month, and last day of school all over. I had a smile for L n K as I got home, and I changed and headed out.

It was nice to be in the late afternoon sun, until the top of The Stairs, where another limo full of another bunch of graduating highschoolers had stopped to disgorge the contents for pictures and whatnot. It's been a constant parade of limos since the first of May.

After that, busy with pedestrians coming home from downtown. I turned of the bridge to Prince's Island onto the ramp down to the path along Memorial, and it was much quieter, almost deserted. After that a quiet run all the way around almost. It always seems quietest between 5:00 and 6:00. There were lots of people at Eau Claire though, and all over the island.

I crossed the bridge, back to The Stairs, and started up The Path. Not too much traffic from there on either. At the top of the path and turning back west, I got the full force of the wind, which I hadn't noticed up till then. It wasn't a big breeze, but noticeable.

And then a nice finish up 4th Street.

Distance: 7.06 Time: 41:24
Average speed: 5:51 min/km (10.23 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: L n K.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 21C.

No comments: