Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Little Bit Earlier

I knocked off work a little early tonight, so I was home earlier, and got out to run all the way in daylight.

We had some new snow this morning, and I had to clear that off the walk before running. Temperatures were about to drop below freezing, so I wanted them as clear as possible. But it was quick, and by the time I finished the GPS had found its satellites.

It was a little slushy on the street, a little mushy/slippery on the bluff, with new snow on polished ice. They'd brushed The Path, thank goodness, cuz that would be a nasty slippery slope by tomorrow evening.

I felt stiff and heavy tonight. A little achy in the calves, that never really went away. No fluidity, just all clunky tonight.

On the path along the river, there is some slippery patches, nothing that slowed me down. I've always been pretty sure-footed on ice and never worried about it. The 14th Street bridge was just wet, and the run back to The Stairs was nice.
L n K
On The Stairs, I managed to run the whole thing, barely. And at the top I still managed to keep running, but no breath and no legs. But for all my whining, not a bad run.

Distance: 6.79 Time: 39:52
Average speed: 5:52 min/km (10.22 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.
Today's earworm: Koto, The Polyjesters.

Weather: Partly cloudy and -5C

No comments: