Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Night's Run

Still being delinquent in keeping up with these posts. However, I have done quite well over the last 4+ years in staying with it, only missing the occasional run. And I thank my regular reader for sticking with it - thanks, love!

Actually, there are a couple who check in regularly L n K, and that's a lovely feeling to know you're interested. Thank you all for your interest!

Last night was a little chilly. I didn't really notice it at first, heading towards the bluff, cuz the wind was behind me. It wasn't a big wind, but at the lower temperatures, any wind is significantly noticeable.

I didn't even really notice it at the bluff or crossing Prince's Island, again because I was running with the breeze. Even turning on the promenade wasn't bad.

Not that cold out, mind you, so once I'd been running a bit and got warmed up, once I did turn into the wind, it wasn't bad. Coming off the 14th Street bridge and onto the path beside Memorial Drive, I could feel a chill on my upper arms.

It was a slow starting run, too. Only in the last couple of km did I feel like I was moving well. I hit The Stairs with lots of energy, which got me up about three flights. By the second landing, I had almost nothing left in the legs or the lungs, though I managed to keep moving.

At the top of The Stairs, I was breathing hard, and barely was able to keep running. Some days The Stairs are a nice challenge, some days they're a real beast. From there is was kind of a shuffle to the end.

Distance: 6.80 Time: 38:38
Average speed: 5:40 min/km (10.56 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.
Today's earworm: The Ladies Who Sing With the Band, Fats Waller.

Weather: Light snow and -13C.

No comments: