Thursday, January 01, 2009

First Run of the Year

It must have just started snowing, when I got out. Coming down rather heavy for Calgary, but still, it was that fine stuff, very small flakes. Almost sleety but without the wind.

The thing about hosting a New Years Eve event, is you don't have to worry about driving home. Bed's just down the hall. And well, those two wine bottles, ya know, no point leaving anything in them.

So this morning was a little shaky. Got up, got coffee, had a nap. By mid afternoon, I needed to do something, so out I go. Lovely how the headache flared as I was getting into my running gear. I really wondered if I was going to get much of a run in at all.

But by the time I was down beside the river I felt quite good. It certainly wasn't my fastest run. It's been years since I have done a run at a pace over six minutes. But I needed to run, and I done it.

Distance: 6.57 Time: 41:06
Average speed: 6:15 min/km (9.59 kph).

Shoes: Asics GT-2130.
Today's earworm: Nothing stuck again.

Weather: Light snow and -9C.

No comments: