Sunday, March 02, 2008

"Wait Five Minutes..."

Out the door and into the car to drive over to Heather's, wondering if I have enough layers on, knowing that I do even though I feel thoroughly chilled. I worked at stretching my calves while I waited for her to come down, hoping the wind would let up, and maybe the snow wouldn't get any heavier than the few flakes being whipped around.

We walked down to 14th Street and toward the river, starting to run at about 10th Avenue. There was a large crowd of people walking on the path near the bus terminal. It didn't seem like an organized event, but they appeared to be together.

Near The PumpHouse, I looked up to see the edge of the cloud directly overhead, knife sharp as it crossed the sky from southeast to northwest. By the time we had crossed the river at Crowchild, the cloud had almost disappeared to the southwest. All blue sky and sunshine.

Runners out by the truckload. Lots of large groups and smaller groups, and singles. As before, time slid by swiftly with Heather and I yakking about this and that. We peeled off the windbreakers before we got to the turn around, and by the time I was halfway back toward Crowchild, I was wishing I hadn't worn the sweatshirt.

In no time at all we were back in front of her place, stretching out calves and quads, and planning for next week.

Distance: 10.89 km. Time: 1:04:50.
Average speed: 10.1 kph (5:57 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and -6C.

No comments: