Thursday, February 07, 2008

Finally!

I got out again after almost two weeks of not being able to. Boy, but I missed it!

It was great to get out and down along the river. It still gets dark way, way too early, but it's not quite so early as it was the last time I was out. I went for the Crowchild loop, looking to burn off some excess calories that have been sneaking up on me since Christmas.

Big crowd at the bottom of The Stairs. I notice they're getting a little worn with all the traffic from the fitness groups that run up and down them. It's a popular and busy place for that.

After I crossed the river, the promenade was pretty quiet for a nice winter day. A few runners out, but not many. Not even that many cyclists.

Overall, it was an uneventful run and I was done soon enough. It was good to get it in before the cold comes back, but then that shouldn't slow a dedicated runner down, should it?

Distance: 10.21 km. Time: 59:30. Average speed: 10.3 kph (5:50 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Sunny and -5C.

No comments: