Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Balloon Post?

For some reason the wind chimes down by The Pumphouse were easy to spot tonight. It's staying bright enough by the time I get down there. I've always wondered if there were more than those five, and if I just wasn't sharp-eyed enough to pick them out.

But near them, three really big balloons were tethered tightly to the chicken wire around a small stand of cottonwoods - the kind that's supposed to keep the beavers from cleaning the place out. No idea why they were there. They were off the path and kind of around behind, so someone had to push their way through the bush to get there.

It was a great run. Lots of others out, and I think people are starting to thaw a little, too. I didn't get much eye contact, but a few responded to my good-evenings

Distance: 10.03 km. Time: 56:34.
Average speed: 10.6 kph (5:38 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 5C.

No comments: