Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Shorts and a T-Shirt

Unbelieveably warm out for the second of January. I didn't get out until about sundown again, but it was very nice out. The wind was up a little, but not nearly as much as it is about two hundred kilometres to the south where they're facing 11o kph gusts. Yikes!

I went directly across to the south side of the river at the start, just to mix it up. Usually, I start on the north side. There is lots of melting happening, and I found myself dodging puddles, and when I couldn't, kicking up water on my legs.

It felt good again, not like a few days ago. I found that I was dropping into that loping stride I developed early on, when I ran in Fish Creek Park. I think it's not exactly an efficient stride, but I find I can get into a groove with it, and the legs disappear and the world slides by. I didn't quite get there tonight, but that's where it was going.

A milestone of sorts today: 9:04 this morning marked exactly fifteen years since I stubbed out my last cigarette.

Distance: 10.25 km. Time: 55:06 Average speed: 11.2 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow).

Weather: Cloudy and 11C.

No comments: