Sunday, January 21, 2007

Long Evening Run

I met some friends for breakfast this morning, then worked a short shift, so I wasn't able to get out to run until late in the afternoon. By the time I got out, the sun was about to go down. Most of the run was in decent light, but it was getting dark about the eighty minute mark.

It was the usual long run, down to Edworthy and back. I started out a little slow, but by the time I was on the return leg, I was pushing pretty hard. Because my work schedule is not quite nailed down, I wasn't able to get out much this past week, either. I suppose that was why it was a slow start on tonight's run.

Tonight is probably the last night on the blue Saucony's. I've put almost a thousand klicks on them, and I could feel some weakness in the cushioning.

Today's run:
Distance: 16.39 km. Time: 1:29:26. Average speed: 11.0 kph.
Rest distance: 887.3 m. Rest time: 9:00.
Total distance: 17.28 km. Total time: 1:38:26.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Blue).

Weather: Partly cloudy and 3C at the start, clearing off by the end. A light westerly breeze made it a very nice evening.

No comments: