Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Late Night With a Runner

Well, not at all that late. But it was well past sundown before I got out there. It was interesting because I'm usually out an hour earlier in the day, and running traffic has been pretty sparse. But tonight, there were lots of people out, and of course, the usual swarm of cyclists.

I got a new pair of shoes a while ago, and finally tried them out. They are the same as the last pair - Saucony Air Phoenix, with yellow highlights, so they'll be labeled as the B pair. I wonder why the first pair had blue highlights? They seem to be the same shoe.

Down The Path, and there's a little ice here and there, which I needed to watch for. Down the new ramp from the foot bridge, to the path along Memorial, and all the way to 14th Street. Across that bridge, and back along the south side, dodging bikes all the way. Along the promenade and across Prince's Island to the bridge. Then up The Path and home.

Something neat tonight. On the way out, there was a horse on the path along the top of the bluff, standing in the midst of three or four light stands. I assume there was a photo shoot of some kind either underway, or just finishing up. They were gone when I got back.

Distance: 7.00 km. Time: 37:57 Average speed: 11.1 kph.

Shoes: Saucony Grid Phoenix (Yellow) B.

Weather: Mainly clear and 2C.

No comments: