Sunday, April 16, 2006

Getting Close

A good distance run today, felt really good, and had a great, strong finish. I met Byron at the Eau claire Y and we headed west. It started cold, but very quickly warmed up, so I had to deal with extra clothing.

Down the south side of the river to Crowchild, then across and continuing west, we did a loop around the Shouldice pool before heading back. By then the paths were filling up with other runners, and the odd blader and biker. Clear skys and sunshine warmed us up nicely, even with a stiff and chilly breeze from the south west.

Just past Crowchild, Byron started to stiffen up, and he waved me on. From there I was probably at my strongest, with the last two intervals being smooth and fast. I felt I could have gone all day, something I haven't experienced for several months.

About the time I had walked around the block after arriving at the Y, Byron caught up, and we stopped for a post-run coffee and snack. great run for me, but maybe not so great for him?

Today's run:
Distance: 20.76 km. Time: 1:55:11. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 1.11 km. Rest time: 12:00
Total distance: 21.86 km. Total time: 2:07:11

Weather: Sunny and -2C to start, and up to 6C by the end. A simply gorgeous morning for a run. Shoulda wore shorts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need some motivation Kel, how 'bout it?

Nony