Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Easy Distance

I'm a little late getting this in as my computer died over the weekend, and I haven't had a chance to fix or replace the damn thing yet.

I was thinking of doing one more long run Sunday, but I thought, if I can already do 30+ km, I can do 42, right? So what's to prove?

Still, I went out for a couple of hours. And this time I thought I'd do the scenic route. I headed down to the river and across at Prince's Island, then west to Crowchild where I crossed back to the north side of the river. By then I was warmed up and cruising nicely.

At Edworthy Park, I decided to cross again and take the path back eastward under Spruce Cliff. This were only a couple of places hwere there was still ice. Natural springs from the bluff run across the path all year, and in the winter, there can be a lot of ice buildup on a long stretch of the path. But the morning sun reaches down there for a long while early in the day, and it's now mostly clear.

At Croschild, I crossed back again and headed east toward the downtown on the north side again. This was just straight through, and I went all the way to Edmonton Trail before crossing to the south again.

Then it was back to Centre Street and across the bridge, up Nony's Awful Little Hill and home.

Today's run:
Distance: 19.35 km. Time: 1:47:50. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 1.03 km. Rest time: 11:00
Total distance: 20.38 km. Total time: 1:58:50

Weather: About -5C to start and somewhere above 0C at the finish. Not too much wind.

No comments: