Sunday, March 19, 2006

Two For One

Got two runs to document this time. I ran late Thursday just to burn off some excess energy, and because I haven't been able to get out much this week for some reason. I was out in the dark and the fog about 9:30 pm, just down to the river, crossing at 14th Street, then back home by the Centre Street bridge. I was going to write it up after, but Tru called, and that's a perfectly reasonable interruption to anything.

Thursday's run:
Distance: 6.43 km. Time: 37:27. Average speed: 10.3 kph.

Weather: Foggy and cold. I think the temperature was around -7C.

Today, it was one of those mornings. So rather than toss and turn until the alarm, I just got up and got my running gear on. I was out the door by 6:00 am.

A little chilly to start, and I'm glad I chose the light sweatshirt over the tee shirt. The wind was in my face all the way to Bowness, and kind of erratic. Not too many out at that time of day, either, but traffic started to pick up on the way back.

I made it to 32nd Avenue on Bowness Road before turning around after 70 minutes of running. On the way back, I crossed to the south side of the river at 14th Street, and ran to Eau Claire before crossing back at Prince's Island and chugging up The Path Under The Stairs.

Today's run:
Distance: 21.91 km. Time: 2:05:50. Average speed: 10.4 kph.
Rest distance: 1.13 m. Rest time: 13:00
Total distance: 23.04 km. Total time: 2:18:50

Weather: Light snow and -11C the whole way.

No comments: