Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Back to an Evening Run

My schedule seems to keep shuffling around, and sometimes my lunch hours are taken up by, well, lunches. Such was today's lunch hour, so no run. But I felt I needed to get out there and burn some calories, so I brought my gear home and changed into it as soon as I got home from work.

I ran down to the river, down to 14th Street and back, nothing special. I needed to feel like I'd been out there and to loosen up things a little after the distance run on Sunday. I've been feeling a little tight in the calves and left knee since that, and more running kinda loosens things up a little. You can bet I'm doing a lot of pre- and post-run stretching, though.

Today's run:
Distance: 6.78 km. Time: 37:52. Average speed: 10.7 kph.

Weather: Cloudy and 4C; not quite tee shirt and shorts weather, which explains why I was a little cold. The cloud gave everything a greyness too, which lent a slight oppressiveness to the day. Otherwise, a good run.

No comments: