Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Shoes...Finally

Went out and got some new ones last night. I tried a three or four different ones. The Asics were sqeezey in the wrong places, but close. Brooks just doesn't work, and Mizunos felt good, but the sales girl said because of the light weight, they didn't have the durability, and I don't want to be replacing them any sooner than I have to. So I went with the Saucony Grid Phoenix shoes.

Good run today. Typical of new shoes (for me, anyway) is how they bring out all the little aches and pains that can be brought out. Most are transient, thank goodness, just the usual twinges that come and go. I did feel some tightness in the calves that wasn't there before. Well, it was, but usually not while I was running. I think all of it is just adjustment to something new.

So while I can't say love the new shoes, I certainly like them. We'll see how I feel in 24 and 48 hours.

Beautiful day for a run, so I headed down to Crowchild and back. The paths have been plowed and brushed, but there is still a layer of packed snow on them, and with the sun out like it is, there's some melting going on. Gotta watch for the odd icey spot.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.07 km. Time: 38:11. Average speed: 11.1 kph.
Rest distance: 407.0 m. Rest time: 4:00
Total distance: 7.48 km. Total time: 42:11

Weather: Sunny and -9C, but it seems much, much warmer. Beautiful day out there.

No comments: