Sunday, February 19, 2006

Short Sunday Run

Byron bailed on me this morning, the slacker...

So out by myself. I was going to try to get to Edworthy and back, but the shoe issue is getting serious, so I cut it short at Crowchild. I hope the new ones come in this week.

It started out a little cool, and with the west breeze it wasn't comfortable for the first few minutes. But it's so sunny out that it didn't seem to matter, either to me or a whole bunch of other runners.

A couple of things: I must have forgot to turn off the GPS on Friday, cuz it didn't last more than fifteen minutes this morning, before it shut down from no juice. So I'll estimate speed and distance.

The other thing, is that someone has been distributing a little folk art. There is a stand of cottonwoods that the path goes through, down along Pumphouse Road. Someone with a bunch of rebar fragments and an artistic eye has created some very nice windchimes. The rebar is heavy enough that it takes a fair breeze to get them to jangle, but it's a rather lovely sound as you pass through there. Very cool.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.0 km (est.). Time: 57:09. Average speed: 10.5 kph (est.).

Weather: Sunny and -5C. And just enough wind to be uncomfortable until you get warmed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

-5 is still too cold for your fairweather running friend... :)

Nony