Saturday, February 11, 2006

Saturday Run

I haven't been out on a Saturday for ages, and it's so nice out, it seemed a shame to not get out and do something. So from home, down to the river, west to Crowchild, then back on the other side to the Centre Street bridge. Up that and Nony's Awful Little Hill and back home.

For some reason I fell into that long loping stride I used to do down in Fish Creek Park. Slow turn-over and lots of reach, which really stretched the thighs and hips. A little flexing in the knees and I can feel that. Not hurting, but they feel that they've been used. I had good speed and I felt great.

Today's run:
Distance: 9.60 km. Time: 50:22. Average speed: 11.4 kph.
Rest distance: 504.7 m. Rest time: 5:00
Total distance: 10.10 km. Total time: 55:22

Weather: Sunny and 13C, although the sign at the CBC said 15C when I passed it. Just a phenomonal day, and way, way too nice out to be stuck inside.

No comments: