Sunday, November 06, 2005

Retirement Run

Last time for these shoes. About the time I was crossing the Centre Street bridge, they clicked over 850 km, which is about the limit for a running shoe, so now they'll go into the recycle bag. I still have another pair, but at just under 500 km, I'll need another set soon.

Today I went down 10th Street and across the river, then west to Edworthy, then back to Centre Street and up Nony's Awful Little Hill, to 4th STreet and home. Nice light snowfall, that for some reason balled up under my left heel, and every few paces I had to scuff it off. Most annoying. Along the south side of the river, too, were places were an earlier snowfall had melted, and the new snow covered the ice. Not too bad, but occasionally treacherous.

Today's run:
Distance: 19.33 km. Time: 1:48:37. Average speed: 10.7 kph.
Rest distance: 1.22 km. Rest time: 12:00
Total distance: 20.55 km. Total time: 2:00:37

Weather: -2C and light snow, and no change in that over the full two hours. Well, in the middle it stopped snowing for a bit, and a little blue sky showed through. But it didn't last. Good run, lots of people out, and good fun.

No comments: