Sunday, November 20, 2005

Guys Going the Distance

I was to meet a couple of guys this morning for the distance run, but at the designated time, there was only Byron, so off we went. Taking the promenade west to Crowchild and across the river, and that's were Mike caught up to us. Actually he was going the other way, hoping to run into us, so that worked. Made for a nice run to be with a group.

And for the first time in a while, I found that grove, where there is no pressure and everything is working perfectly, and it's almost effortless and I feel like I could go all day. I don't think I've been in that place since early spring.

About the half way point, Mike dropped out as his knee has been giving him trouble. We continued to the zoo and crossed the river at the 12th Street bridge, then back toward Eau Claire. And because I was in that zone, it just flew by and we were done before I knew it. We met up with Mike again and found a place for brunch. Perfect!

Today's run:
Distance: 13.34 km. Time: 1:13:53. Average speed: 10.8 kph.
Rest distance: 1.03 km. Rest time: 8:00
Total distance: 14.37 km. Total time: 1:21:53

Weather: Sunny and 11C to start, climbing to 13C by the end. Just a beautiful day, considering it's late November, and way too nice to waste sitting inside.

No comments: