Friday, November 18, 2005

Almost Running Backwards

Man, did the wind ever pick up! On my way to meet the gang, I found one spot in front of the building across the street where I was almost running backwards. Once I got past that, I looked up to see a lot of people smiling about it, at least those that weren't fighting to keep from being blown away.

Just Byron and me today. I think the wind had an effect, as we were over 30 minutes on the loop to 14th Street. I also have a bit of a headache from having to crank the hat on so tightly. But a good run, and the tailwind on the return was cool.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.56 km. Time: 31:11. Average speed: 10.7 kph.

Weather: Partly cloudy and 8C, and the winds north at 48 kph, gusting to 67 kph. Betcha they were even stronger, after getting funneled through the streets downtown. Yikes!

No comments: