Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thermal Stresses

It's warm; it's cold; it's warm; then cold again... Talk about thermal stresses. I should have ran last night when it was almost 20 degrees warmer.

However, I'm a hardy soul, so I donned my cold weather gear and was out on the paths. The fresh snow had been cleared for most of the way. Some places had a little ice underneath, but it wasn't as slippery as it would have been had it been warmer.

There were several runners out too, including three groups of about six each. Even several walkers, and the usual cyclists. The wind was mostly OK, except every once in a while when I would reach a clear place away from trees. Only on the return leg, mind you, though I couldn't tell you if it was from the east or the north.
L n K
And possibly this run was another milestone. I created a spreadsheet several years ago, to record time and distance for each run, and I've kept it up ever since. I also transferred what I had written in a running log the I kept when I first started, so theoretically, I have a record of every run since April 5, 2004. And if that is so, tonight was my 950th run.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.22 Time: 43:59
Average speed: 6:05 min/km. (9.85 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great job, especially since your 950th run could have been accomplished on a milder night than this one.