Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Late and Lovely

I ran a little later than usual tonight and it was quite nice. Not much traffic, clear paths, with lots of new snow on both sides, and low overcast to reflect the city light. It was almost bright. The paths were even wet in places so I wonder if they didn't salt them or what ever it is they put on roads these days.

I liked the late run. And as we are on the verge of another week of chinook weather, it was just about right for running.

One lesson learned: if there's a guy standing on the edge of the path, by the banked up snow, consider that he might be holding a nearly invisible retractable leash, attached to an nearly invisible little white dog in the snow on the opposite side of the path. Luckily for both doggie and me, the critter decided to run back to his master just as I was a few steps away. I doubt either of us would have enjoyed getting entangled.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.10 Time: 42:29
Average speed: 5:59 min/km. (10.03 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

No comments: