Friday, February 04, 2011

Might as Well Be Spring

I know, we'll be back to the regularly scheduled February in a couple of days. For now enjoy they nice May weather. I suppose we'll pay for this later?

It was a lovely sloppy run today, perfect for shorts and a tee. Sunny and warm, about 9C, but windy as heck. It was a little cool feeling right when I first turned to the west, but I quickly warmed up. After that it was skipping over puddles, and jockeying for who would go first past the big ones. Often there's just a narrow strip of wet pavement between calf-deep snow and a pond. With the number of runners out, at times there could be a lineup to pick along between.

I love it. Now by Sunday, it'll be back to nasty cold and I'll be layered up again. Time to pack away the summer clothes already!

Today's run:
Distance: 6.95 Time: 42:29
Average speed: 6:06 min/km. (9.82 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

9C sounds nice! We could use a little of that down here in the lower 49 where it's supposed to be warm. Can't wait to shed the gloves, wind pants, and windbreaker!