Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Late Afternoon Run

When I work at home on a running day, I usually take a break at noon, and run then, but today I felt I was on a roll and kept working right through noon and most of the afternoon.

A half hour before sunset, I was done, though. I changed and stepped out the door. Jeez, it was cold! I mean not crazy cold, but it has cooled off considerably in the last couple of days. The snow we got yesterday wasn't too bad though, and I found that what was icy on Sunday was now packed snow and quite good to run on.

I headed down The Path, taking it easy though. There were still icy spots and I did a bit of a dance at one point when I found one with the heel of my shoe. A little arm waving for balance and I was good.

Across Prince's Island and down the promenade. It was pretty packed and icy, but not bad and I made good time.

I still felt the shin splints but had none of the fatigue that I had on Sunday. It felt much like I was back to my old self, if I ignored the sore legs and heavy wooden feeling in them. Still, my time was off.

It didn't take long to warm up either. Running is funny that way for me, hard to get out and get going. Cold and stiff at the start, but I know if I stick it out, I'm going to feel pretty darn good about getting through one more run.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.09 Time: 42:46
Average speed: 6:01 min/km. (9.95 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: Sad and blue L n K.

Weather: Clear and -5C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe now that the weather has improved it will help with the running...

Nony