Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Still Being Nice Out!

Can't beat this weather. It's almost the end of November, and we really haven't had any major snowfalls, except for a couple that didn't stick around. Also no real cold snaps, except for a couple of days in October when I dropped to -15 or so. Leave's ya with a feeling that something is just around the corner, waiting to pounce.

I took a break from work, actually getting out a little earlier. Down to the path along the river and it was pretty quiet, as the lunch time crowd wouldn't be coming out until I was almost done.

The chill kinda followed me until I got part way down Cresent Road to the top of The Path. By the time I was at the bottom, I wasn't feeling cold at all. The light breeze that had been biting a little was unnoticeable.

The run was a run. Nothing notable about it, and I plodded down to 14th Street and the Metawa bridge. On the other side, a few lunch time runners were beginning to show, though it was still pretty quiet. I think the fair weather runners were staying in, even though it was a calm, clear, sunny day.

By the time I was on the south side of the river, my shins were burning. I did do some stretching before starting out, but those hurt. It didn't slow me down, just hurt. By the time I got to crossing Prince's Island, I was fine.

I was up The Path not fast, but steady, and not breathless. At the top, as I turned the hairpin to head west, I noticed the western horizon. Wow, clear all the way, with just a few grey blobs behind them. They were mostly dark because of the angle of the sun, but had a few gleaming white parts that were still in the sun.

I took that in until I got to the break in the guard rail where I head north and homeward.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.09 Time: 41:57
Average speed: 5:55 min/km. (10.14 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: Easy L n K.

Weather: Mainly sunny and 4C

No comments: