Thursday, November 19, 2009

Beat the Sunset

Rushed home so I could get a run in before dinner, and perhaps even before sunset. Man but it gets dark so early.

The weather is still holding out this fall, and I probably could have run in shorts, but opted for the running tights. Seems like a lot of people walk to work downtown, too. The bridge was busy, though not crowded.

On the promenade, lots of leaves blowing around and the ducks in that little bit of river that flows between the promenade and Prince's Island were making a quite a racket. The trees are naked, of course, but there's squirrels out and they're busy.

Along Bow Trail, nothing exciting. Same as when crossing the Metawa Bridge, and even along Memorial. The Path was the usual challenge, but at the top I had lots left and my breathing was quite even. That's never happened before, so was kinda cool. No slowing up a little to let my breath catch up with me.

Anyway, a good finish, and I was home before dark.

Distance: 7.17 Time: 40:31
Average speed: 5:38 min/km. (10.62 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: Lovin' L n K.

Weather: Sunny and 7C

No comments: