Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year

Finally got out for a run. It's been much too long, and this calorie-laden season hasn't been kind. Clothes seem to be shrinking.

I tried something different tonight. I headed east as I got to the river, and then at the Bridgeland train station, I crossed Memorial and headed north up 9th Street, through Bridgeland. Once I got to 5th Avenue, I turned west, until I had to jog back to 4th Avenue.

At 6th Street I started north up the hill to a long stairway up the bluff. It comes out at a cul-de-sac beside a copper roofed church, Catholic, I think. Then up to 8th Avenue, which took me past my first home in this part of town, to Centre Street, and then Cresent Heights Park, where I turned north toward my usual end point.

This gave me a slightly longer run that the 14th Street loop, and I got to get into some different parts of town, too.


Distance: 7.84 km. Time: 45:22. Average speed: 10.4 kph (5:46 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Cloudy and -10C.

No comments: