Monday, January 07, 2008

Just Gotta Get To It

Man, this lethargy is getting a little frustrating. I've got no energy or real urge to get out and run. I almost have to force myself to get my running gear on and get out the door. And on top of all that, I seem to be experiencing a calorie surplus, judging by the snugness of certain items from my closet.

Already dark by the time I got out. In a couple of weeks, there should be some relief from that, but right now it's a downer. It always seems to me that sunset begins to come later much earlier than sunrise gets earlier. (I had to read that twice...)

Perhaps it from all the frustrations I've been getting hammered by lately, but I ran pretty hard. I'm looking at my time and it's pretty good.

Just the 14th Street loop, so nothing special, especially in the dark. But one novel event - a homeless person suggested that it was a long way to Toronto.

Distance: 7.22 km. Time: 36:33. Average speed: 11.8 kph (5:06 min/km).

Shoes: New Balance 1061.

Weather: Clear and -3C.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had nothing but energy since the new year, and my workouts so far have been awesome. I was speaking with my trainer about it who said that after a long day at the office, you are mentally tired, not physically tired, but your body is fooled into thinking it is tired. When you are under stress a chemical called cortesol forms in your system and adds to the lethargy. The only way to get rid of it is to exercise... which also reduces stress... so KEEP RUNNING!!!

Nony

Revrunner said...

Yeah, if I was Norv Turner right now, I'd be thinking about trying to find the--are you ready?--SECRET WEAPON!

Not sure what that would be right now. Bad chowder? Just a thought. ;-)