Monday, December 05, 2005

The Weather Outside is Frightful

And there ain't no delightful fire inside. Not all that bad for running though. I had my windbreaker and wind pants, and was otherwise dressed warm enough. I just went as far as 14th Street today, but on the way back to Eau Claire I flirted with the idea of going down to Edmonton Trail and back. But my natural laziness intervened and I crossed back through Prince's Island and back to the office.

Today's run:
Distance: 5.15 km. Time: 27:25. Average speed: 11.3 kph.
Rest distance: 229.5 m. Rest time: 3:00
Total distance: 5.45 km. Total time: 30:25

Weather: Light snow and -13C, but the real story is the wind: north at 46 kph, gusting to 59 kph. And Environment Canada has issued a weather warning about the wind while I was out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My two patio chairs were blown off my back porch today too! You truly ARE serious about this running thing... Your brother doesn't even have to contend with weather like this, does he?

Nony