Saturday, October 30, 2004

A long Saturday run

Got out earlier than usual today. I usually head out in the late afternoon, but I got started early this morning and got everything done I wanted to do. And it being such a sunny, cloudless day, it seemed like a great idea to get out at noon. And it was.

Today was my distance run. I headed east from the parking lot in the Glennfield area of Fish Creek Provincial Park, then past the Bow Valley Ranch and got as far as the picnic area at Burnsmeade. Here's a trail map that shows the area were I was running.

No wildlife today. I usually don't run into any unless the weather is really crappy, or unless it's after sunset. The was a guy with a grumpy dog, that growled a bit as I went by and that's as wild as it got.

Total time was 1:20:27, so a pretty balanced run - 40 minutes out, and 40:27 back. And as I said, sunny, calm and about 10C. Did some measuring on a map and figured I did about 10.5 km. Lots of people out running, biking, walking or exploring the creek with their kids. Just a great day.

No comments: