Friday, October 29, 2004

Got a run in

Nothing in the way of getting out tonight. Went east from Glennfield in Fish Creek Park. I was 29 paces short of the 3 km marker before I turned around. Stopped the clock at 20 minutes and paced it out. So except for that little bit, I'll claim to have run 5.9 km, assuming, of course, that the markings on the path are accurate.

Done in 40:15.

6C and very little wind. I have a problem with over-dressing. I probably could have left a layer in the car without any problem.

I found a great pace - a nice slow stride with a good knee flexing. Had trouble keeping my stride down, though. I found I was almost reaching at times. But a painless run, nice and smooth.

There was a single whitetail deer out in the open area on the way out. Coming back, there were four on the hillside by the 1 km marker. On their way up to browse through Midnapore? Gonna hafta take a camera one of these days.

No comments: