Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Busy, busy, BUSY! Got to run last night, but too much happening to get around to this update, so I'm sneaking it in at work.

My brother's got one of these going too, check it out.

Out at 6:00 last night, just as the sun set. I realize I need a time piece with backlighting.

I went east from my starting point, which takes me under McLeod Trail and into a mix of descidious (sp) and coniferous forest. Also I get to cross a couple of bridges over Fish Creek. The paved part of the path was just fine, but when I hit the shale paths, there was lots of ice and packed snow. The packed stuff is uneven, and I could feel it in the ankles after. Close to 0C, and the mud on the shale trails were stiff but not solid. Puddles went crunch, which was kinda neat.

The return was magical. Full moon rising up through the forest - beautiful.

Time: 39:02. But I messed up on my time keeping - forgot to zero the clock and didn't notice until about a minute or so in to the run. I thought I went farther than usual for the 20 minutes out, so I was surprised that the return was only 19 minutes. But I did stretch my stride on a couple of the return intervals.

Wildlife count: One muledeer by the stormwater ponds, one by the creek near McLeod Trail, and heard but not seen, an owl in the Glennfield picnic area.

No comments: