Sunday, March 13, 2011

Slow and Sore

Oh man, I am paying for all the slacking. Knees hurt, shins hurt, thighs hurt. Feeling old and slow. However, I'm certainly glad the cold appears to be over with for the moment. (Hopefully the weather gods won't be offended by that and throw us all back into the deep freeze....)

I intended to run the 10K loop to Crowchild but by the time I got to 10th Street, my shins were complaining mightily. When I got to 14th, I knew it was time to cut short and do the 7K loop. Even so, I was moving old and slow.

The nice weather the last couple of days is melting great gobs of snow, and of course the paths are covered with shallow pools of water, which in the morning are glassy patches of ice. Mostly there are gaps beside them, where there is clear pavement or grass. Sometimes you get to practice the curling rink run. A little bit of fun sliding, to take my mind off my aching legs.
L n K
Today's run:
Distance: 7.20 Time: 45:30
Average speed: 6:18 min/km. (9.49 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

No comments: