Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Lazy Friday

I love having Friday off. I get to nap and take my time with my morning coffee. And I can go run whenever. It had been a clear sunny day all day, a little breeze with a chill to remind you that winter was still close. I shoulda wore shorts.

The run was just before the commute started, so the cranky cyclists weren't yet out in volume. I still feel achy and sore after a couple of kilometres, still needing to build up from the inactive cold time. The path is much dryer now, gravelly in places from efforts to make the icy parts walkable in the winter. It's amazing how easy it is to get the damn stuff suddenly rattling around in a running shoe. On the 14th Street bridge, I had to stop to shake one out.

By the construction for the new foot bridge, water was pooling, and I caught up to a couple. We picked our way single file past the mini-lakes, and narrowly dodged a couple of waves kicked up by cars on Memorial from the gutter adjacent to the path.

The climb up The Path was uneventful, and the red clay path on the the bluff was nearly dry, though I switched to run along the street at the top of The Stairs. Good run, great day.
L n K
Today's run:
Distance: 7.41 Time: 44:30
Average speed: 6:00 min/km. (9.99 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

No comments: