Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Getting Back on Track (Again)

When I left the house, there was a little bit of rain, just a sprinkle. At least it wasn't snow....That started coming down about two minutes later. Seriously, it wasn't a big dump, actually kind of a nice tickley sleet. And once I was hot and sweaty, I didn't even notice.

I am now determined to get out there regularly again, like I used to do, before the cold, dark days of Christmas. It's tough, because even a 7K run feels challenging, and there are aches I don't remember. I think I've let my core strength ebb as well, so the joints are working harder to keep me moving and upright. They let me know how hard they're working.

An added impetus: I have been expecting an email at work, and it finally arrived yesterday. There are efforts to organize a team for the Banff Jasper Relay again, and before I was able to give it much thought, I fired off a two word reply, "I'm in!" So I have not quite three months to get back into some semblance of shape.
L n K
Today's run:
Distance: 7.02 Time: 43:16
Average speed: 6:09 min/km. (9.73 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know you will achieve your goal! Maybe I will gain some motivation to get back on track, from you!