Friday, October 15, 2010

First Snow

It's gorgeous out this morning. Big fat fluffy snowflakes, coming down thick enough to obscure the downtown skyline from across the river. It's piling up on the grass, but still melting as it hits the pavement. Lots of puddles to dodge on the paths, and I wasn't entirely successful.

Not too much of a breeze either, just enough for it to take a little time to warm up running westward into it. I was the only one out there on the north side, and I saw only two others coming back toward home, near Eau Claire.

One shoe refused to stay tied. I've never had a problem before, and can only vaguely remember a couple of other times when I had to stop and re-tie a shoe. Today it was twice, even with the funky string-of-beads style of lace that New Balance uses.

Quite a change from last Sunday's run, when it was warm, and sunny, and the paths were full of runners. Two entirely different climates, two lovely, fun runs.

Sunday's run:
Distance: 17.06 Time: 1:36:24
Average speed: 5:39 min/km. (10.59 kph)
Rest distance: 0.99 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.97 km. Total time: 1:46:24
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2).
L n K
Today's Run:
Distance: 10.21 Time: 59:51
Average speed: 5:51 min/km. (10.06 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Blue).

2 comments:

Revrunner said...

Snow! Geez, that's the first mention of it I've seen on someone's running blog this season. And even though it also has turned a little chilly way down here in the lower 48 where I run, I'm still hoping it'll be awhile before I'm dealing with it again.

Anonymous said...

Well, it wouldn't be October in Calgary without a little snow before Halloween, now would it?

Last weekend was definitely stark in contrast. I was out golfing in shorts and a t-shirt ... early morning golf today was out of the question (mostly because I am a baby...)

Nony