Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Bit of a Break

Not really, but I didn't run for over a week, due to traveling and L n K. Had a nice holiday.

So I have been out a few times since I got back almost two weeks ago. Just the usual mid-week 7 km runs. It's been sort of warm for each one, and I've been feeling my knees. Some reading on the matter suggested that my hip abductors were weak, and putting unnecessary strain on my knees. And wouldn't ya know, after working at leg lifts and crunches and stuff, I noticed an almost immediate difference.

I have seriously let my core work lapse and I'm paying for it some. I am grateful that it's easy to get back on track, and I've been working at that. Just a little effort has made a big difference.

Anyway, my stats for August 11:
Distance: 7.25 Time: 40:29
Average speed: 5:34 min/km (10.68 kph).

And for August 13:
Distance: 7.11 Time: 39:22
Average speed: 5:32 min/km (10.68 kph).

And August 18:
Distance: 7.07 Time: 39:25
Average speed: 5:34 min/km (10.68 kph).

No comments: