Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fast Afternoon Slog

It did feel like a bit of a slog. Don't know what's up with that, but lately it's felt a little harder to go, and to keep going.

But anyway, it was a good run. I was out the door almost as soon as I got home from work. It's a little warm out, and there's the slightest of breezes, so it was pretty much for sure I was gonna end sweaty.

The bluff was quiet, but The Path Under The Stairs was busy, as was The Stairs themselves. Lots doing the usual running up and down, plus bikes and walkers.

I ran the north side of the river, watching all the rafters and floaters drifting by. It's been busy out on the river lately. I imagine the kids are getting their last summer things in before school starts.

Across at the Metawa Bridge at 14th and then back along the south side. There's been a lot of digging going on along the sculpture garden between the path and Bow Trail, with lots of plastic pipe and equipment laying around.

The promenade was reasonably busy, but crowded in places with clumps of bikes. There was some traffic at the Jaipur Bridge, too, but not too bad, and the suspension bridge had room enough.

The run up The Path to the top of the bluff was where I really noticed the slogging nature of the run. I haven't had much wind lately in climbing it, but I seem to get to the top in reasonable time.

A run along the top of the bluff to 4th Street, which took me to the parking lot that 12th Avenue had become. I'm glad I don't drive to work. I wandered through the stopped traffic and headed home.

Distance: 7.04 Time: 41:14
Average speed: 5:51 min/km. (10.24 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: L n K, my favourite tune!

Weather: Partly cloudy and 27C.

No comments: