Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Nooner.

Didn't get out yesterday for a run so, since I am not working today, I figured I'd better get out there.

It's sunny and getting hot, but not really hot yet by late morning. I'd just finished a run to the grocery store, so decided to try and beat the noon rush. I didn't quite get out that early, but it was quieter than I expected on the river paths. I think a lot of downtowners take Fridays off in the summer.

The run wasn't too different than usual. I took the same way as always. Bright and sunny and warm. Lots of people out walking and running, and a few on bikes and blades.

The run felt great. I think getting back to maintaining my core is helping a lot. My knees don't trouble me at all even after just a couple of weeks. Lots of other achy spots in the hips are but memories too. Lesson learned!

Distance: 6.87 Time: 40:16
Average speed: 5:51 min/km. (10.24 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: Just L n K.

Weather: Sunny and 23C.

No comments: