Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eight Hundred

Well, it's been awhile, hasn't it? While I haven't been here posting, I did get a couple of runs in, over the past couple of weeks. The last two Sundays, I managed to run a measly 7 km each time, one of those in some nasty cold weather.

And both times, my Garmin was dead as heck. I think I simply forgot to plug it in to charge up, though I wondered if perhaps after six years the battery had finally stopped being able to hold a charge. So I recorded those two runs as being 7.3 km run at a pace of 6:00/km.

Tonight, despite only a technical tee and a wind breaker, I was definitely over dressed. I should have chosen shorts.

I didn't get out until later than usual. It was nice not to have cyclists playing chicken with you, but there were still enough of them out there. Lots of running groups out there too, so that made them more surly than usual.

Oh right! The eight hundred! This is my eight hundredth post to this blog. A milestone of sorts, but not sure of what...

Tonights run:
Distance: 7.29 Time: 43:56
Average speed: 6:01 min/km. (9.97 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 1)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on blog post 800! You deserve a new Garmin to celebrate!

Nony

Alexandra said...

Oh Boy! Time for a new watch? I have a long way to go to reach 800! I better get busier! Congrats on 800 keep up the good work!