Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Cold Dark Run

Just the usual for Calgary for January. At least there is no wind to speak of. The paths are covered in packed snow, and in some places it's a little bumpy and uncomfortable to run on. But not slippery at all, unless you use a really aggressive stride. Me, I'm pretty easy going and slow-ish.

The cold always bites a little during the first ten minutes or so. Once I build up a little heat, it comes up to my face, so I don't even notice the cold.

Given that I've only been running once a week or less for the last month, I'm keeping the distance down to about 7 km a run to get back into the groove. That could be laziness too, or resenting the time it takes to be out there.

Today's run:
Distance: 7.16 Time: 41:32
Average speed: 5:48 min/km. (10.34 kph)
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 1)

No comments: