Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Stiff Nor'wester

Working from home, I had planned on a nooner, but with sleep being such a problem lately, I couldn't make it any farther than the couch. An hour nap, though, and I felt much better.

But a cold blustery day for April. The wind had a definite bite. I felt a little overdressed after I got out the door, but a few minutes in the wind convinced me I was dressed about right.

I ran my usual 7K loop, not really fast like on the weekend, but a nice pace. On the 14th Street bridge, I had the wind at my back, and then I felt I had too many layers on. But as soon as I got to the other side and tacked into the wind, I cooled off about right. Just a real chill in that breeze

Ran the stairs, and then kept the running pace at the top, although slow, of course. I do find my recovery time getting shorted if my breathing is any indication. Good run.


Distance: 6.71 Time: 39:25
Average speed: 5:52 min/km (10.21 kph).

Shoes: New Balance 769.
Today's earworm: Jeepers! L n K.

Weather: Light snow and 2C with 45 to 55 kph wind.

No comments: