Sunday, November 07, 2010

Strange morning

Another gorgeous fall day. We seem to be getting all the nice weather we were denied over the summer, and no crazy hot temperatures.

The sun was just kinda peeking out from the lone cloud in the sky as I started. By the time I got downtown it was cleared off, and just being a clear sparkling day. Not too busy, and I wonder if the time change messed some people up. Sort of messed my morning, but nothing serious.

Just past Crowchild, two police cars, and a TV news vehicle. That yellow police tape was across the path. A guy carrying a big TV camera and tripod back to the news car said a body was found. It must have been all over by then, cuz at that point, the police were untying the tape and clearing the path. Kinda freaky.

The rest of the run was pretty regular. One thing I did notice was the path below Spruce Cliff is now in shadow at that time of day. With the time change, the sun is higher now instead of shining directly down the path as it usually is when I run there.

On the way back, at 10th Street, a noisy siren was coming up behind me, and as I crossed the turn lane to the island to wait for the walk signal, another police car pulled into that lane to bypass the traffic that had stopped. I was kinda caught in the middle of crossing the lane, and though I had lots of time to get out of the way, it's a little disconcerting to discover a racing police car with all lights flashing, bearing down on you.

Entirely too much excitement for a quiet Sunday morning.

Today's run:
Distance: 17.03 Time: 1:37:18
Average speed: 5:42 min/km. (10.57 kph)
Rest distance: 0.98 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 18.01 km. Total time: 1:47:18
Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2).

1 comment:

Revrunner said...

Had it not been for my Blackberry automatically resetting to the new time, I would have been an hour off today.